"Venice Museum and Archives" (VMA)

Venice Archives and Area Historical Collection
Home of Venice History

Venice Museum and Archives
351 S. Nassau St.
Venice, FL 34285 across from West Blalock Park
(941) 486-2487

The mission of the Venice Museum and Archives is to collect and preserve historical and archeological material relating to Venice and the communities of Nokomis, Laurel and Osprey, whose histories have all been interwoven from 1867 to the present time. Permanent displays iinclude exhibits regarding the life of Dr. Fred Albee and local fossils collected by Roy and Helen Burgess. A special exhibit is changed periodically.

The facility is open Mondays - Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., or by appointment.

The Museum's Internet Web site.

KMI Archives

ALSO on facebook: -  https://www.facebook.com/veniceflarchives

FOR DONATIONS TO THE KMI ARCHIVES:

Michelle Harm
Museum Collections Management Consultant
Venice Museum and Archives
941-486-2487
mharm@venicegov.com
www.venicegov.com/archives
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/veniceflarchives



"Kentucky Military Institute: Celebrating 37 Years in Venice"
 on exhibit at the Venice Museum and Archives" (VMA) through November 16, 2013




 


2013 Reunion
Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62

2013 Reunion
Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62

2013 Reunion
Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62

[2003 Photograph by Frank Lively, KMI '63]

[2003 Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62]

[2003 Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62]

1958 Cadet Major Richard Stevenson, past president of KMI Alumni Assoc.
[2003 Photograph by Frank Lively, KMI '63]

[2003 Photograph by Frank Lively, KMI '63]

Frank Lively '63 with current museum guide, Bob Briner.
[Former owner of the Dairy Queen]
The D.Q. has been torn down to make way for the
new bridge.  The old location was behind the Armory/gym on Tamami Trail.

[2003 Photograph by Jim Flora, KMI '62]

 
KMI Menu Page Kentucky Military Institute
www.kmialumni.org
Send e-mail to: kmimail@kmialumni.org

Copyright All rights reserved.

KMI Menu Page